Monday 18 July 2011

Monday, 18th July 1949

Earlier today Anne-Marie and Lucy noticed a poster near the theatre advertising an audition for variety acts at our local hotspot, The Winkle Picker Club.  The girls insisted that I should apply for a singing audition; before I could blink Grace was hailing a taxicab.  The Winkle Picker Club is our usual haunt for cocktails; fortunately I’m well acquainted with Mr. Fitzpatrick the Proprietor.  He was most intrigued to learn about my undiscovered talents as a singer, emphatically revealed by Grace who is my biggest fan I hasten to add!  Happily, Grace convinced Mr. Fitzpatrick to give me an audition!

I’m going to give it my best shot and knock him out with the red ‘Surprise’ dress - a real showstopper!  This a-symmetrical classic is sure to wow with its one shoulder strap detail and large white button.  I’ll sign off now to rehearse; I’m going to audition with my favourite Doris Day number ‘A Guy is a Guy’.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk-iy6n5Ntk

No comments:

Post a Comment